Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Menu Plan Tuesday?

I have not been on the computer as much, so I missed Monday. However, I wanted still wanted to have a menu plan. It keeps me on track and helps me to spend less at the grocery store. The family seems to be enjoying The Plan also.

Monday: We had Barbecue Chicken, yellow rice and broccoli-dill-cheese bundles (I don't have a recipe, sorry. I made it up as I went)

Tuesday: London Broil with mashed potatoes and peas

Wednesday: Meatball calzones, raw veggies, apple-grape-walnut salad

Thursday: Roman Soldier Packets (recipe below), spinach salad

Friday: Crockpot Lasagna, lemon pamesan broccoli, salad

Roman Soldier Packets
(one of Jordan and Tre's new favorites)

1 pound ground chuck or sirloin, shaped into four patties
4 (or 8) frozen hash brown patties
1/2 sliced onion
McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning
cheese, if desired
mushrooms, optional

Take four large sheets of aluminum foil or foil packet, spray with non-stick spray. In the center of each sheet, place a hash brown (if you have a big eater, stack two hash brown patties). Top the hash brown with the beef patty. Top the beef patty with the sliced onions. Sprinkle with Montreal Steak Seasoning. Top with cheese and mushrooms, if you like. Fold each into a packet. Bake at 400 degrees for one hour (or double foiled on a grill or campfire for an hour). Serves four.


No comments: