Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The project that I wish I had time for...




I have a square table in my dining room. A rustic, extra large square table. 54 inches by 54 inches to be exact. Until last month, I did not sew. Prior to that, dressing my table could be challenging or expensive. Most square table cloths are 52 inches by 52 inches, and difficult to find, so for years I used a pretty shower curtain (70" inches square). Since I didn't sew, my only alternative for table cloths was to order from a restaurant supply catalog or from Williams-Sonoma (expensive and only available in plain white). Skip that.

Tonight as I was web surfing one of my favorite blogs, Nesting Place, I found a link to this adorable table cloth that you can make very inexpensively. You have to look here. It's frugal, simple, and makes a nice statement. I love it!

No comments: